Tenders for the erection of the Catholic Church at Hinton were called for in July 1847. The church was erected in Gothic style capable of containing 200 people.

The opening ceremony was held in December 1847 and was performed by the Reverend Dean Lynch assisted by Mr Magennis with 150 people attending.

* The image is not the actual Hinton Catholic Church, its an example of a Gothic Church