Victoria Hotel and Hintons History
Geoff Boyle Historian
Images found by Chris Rafferty
A post office was established on request in 1835. The Surveyor General suggested the name “Hinton”.
Back then mail was delivered to and from Sydney by boat.
Prior to this the area was known as “The Second Arm of Hunters River”.
Thanks to GEOFF BOYLE’S Hinton History.