On the 12th December, 1868, tenders were called for the erection of The Hinton School of Arts building.
Builder, J. Coulton of Morpeth, won the contract. Architects, Bell and Franklin of West Maitland designed the building.
The Foundation Stone was laid in February 1869. The building was finished and opened on 25th September, 1869.
The two fronts rooms were added within the next two years.